Thursday 19 May 2016

ITS YOUR LIFE

I am far from perfect but I am work in progress. I am perhaps too young to talk about my generation and its weaknesses but who is better placed to talk about this than a sister who wants and desires to see a better tomorrow for my generation? 
I have watched people close to me and others i do not know, make choices not too good for their own lives. Don't get it twisted, what they choose to do with their lives is not my problem, trust me I have enough going on in my own life to care about what people decide for themselves. What bothers me however is the excuses we form to justify our misdoings. So you came from a dysfunctional family and this has been the excuse you keep peddling for being an abusive partner. Make me understand how this is the same brain that makes you realise that the cause of your abusive nature is your family experience yet that same brain cannot tell you to get help and change that nasty narrative.
Why does your absent parent have to be the reason you cannot do well in school and decide to drop out? Is it because we all dont know how bad a dad your father was or how much your mum did not care about you? It is your life and you are punishing yourself and not them by using their mistakes to justify your bad choices. The best punishment to those that do not wish you well is not proving them right by making a wreck out of your life, its actually making it better and leaving them surprised.
When you turn 18 you have a responsibility to make decisions that can either make you or ruin you. No one can make decisions for you no matter how much they try. It gets to a point where its about me and what I decide to do with my life. My father can be the military general for all I care but it is my choices that make me stand out not his status in society and his supposed authority to kill in case I go astray.
‪#‎ITSYOURLIFE‬

No comments:

Post a Comment